Baking bread with very little effort
Every now and again, I like to bake a no-knead bread. I found this simple recipe a while back, and usually it's a great success. I used to fret about the exact amounts, until I watched the original New York Times video where the no-knead bread recipe was introduced 13 years ago:
After watching that video, I finally realised how easy and quick this method really is. You're probably spending five minutes in total on this recipe, and the only tricky part is timing it right so that you can wait the required periods.
Basically, I throw together the ingredients the night before and put it somewhere warm. The next morning I:
- fold it and turn it over on a piece of parchment paper,
- wait 30 minutes and then turn the oven on,
- wait another 30 minutes and put it in the oven
- wait another 30 minutes and take the lid off
- wait 15 minutes and then put it on a wire rack
Delicious, soft bread with an almost sourdough-like consistency for lunch. Yum! 😋️
I’m publishing this as part of 100 Days To Offload. You can join in yourself by visiting https://100daystooffload.com.