Windows permissions and mass storage devices: Part 2

Yesterday I mentioned having Windows permission issues with a blood glucose meter that mounts as a mass storage device. After reading that someone else experienced the exact same issue while building a disk image write for Windows using Node.js/…

Windows permissions and mass storage devices

I'm having some trouble reading data from a Verio Flex glucose meter on Windows. It seems to be some kind of permission issue, because it works just fine on macOS. On Linux we're accessing the device directly as a USB…

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 7

After finally getting the LZO decompression module working on 32-bit Windows, there was one more issue that popped up resulting in a malloc: Incorrect checksum for freed object error. First I thought there was something wrong with my macOS version…

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 6

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 6

I struggled for two days straight to get my LZO Node module working on Windows. It kept on complaining about "A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed." when trying to use it in Electron on Windows. It turns out…

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 5

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 5

I found the reason why I didn't get av_lzo1x_decode compiled into the avutil library when cross-compiling to Windows from Linux the first time (as described in yesterday's blog post). Basically I needed to do sudo apt-get install mingw-w64-tools…

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 2

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js: Part 2

Yesterday I started wrapping the LZO algorithm inside libavutil into a Node.js library. I'm still working on the C code, but let's have a look at how to test if it's actually working. I needed to generate some LZO-compressed…

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js

Using libavutil's LZO algorithm in Node.js

Now that I have built FFmpeg's libavutil as a shared library, I need to wrap the C code into a Node.js module. I've done this previously for libmtp, and will be following a similar approach.First, we need to…